The staff at Bicher Cancer Institute in Los Angeles are industry leaders in the field of hyperthermia for cancer treatment. As a result of the research and clinical work performed by the oncologists and medical staff at Bicher Cancer Institute, hyperthermia in conjunction with radiation is quickly coming to be recognized as the fourth modality in cancer treatment around the world.
Dr. James I. Bicher
Known as the “godfather” of hyperthermia for cancer treatment, Dr. Bicher has over 50 years of experience and is the founder of Bicher Cancer Institute in Los Angeles. Dr. Bicher received his medical degree from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and completed a residency in Radiology at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Dr. Bicher is Certified in Therapeutic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology. Founder and Director of the Institute, Dr. Bicher is a licensed Radiation Oncologist. Dr. Bicher is also known and well respected in the medical and scientific
community. Dr. James I. Bicher, M.D. Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel.
- Member of National Committee on Hyperthermia
- Associate Chief of the Department of Radiation Medicine, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, New York
- A Founder and Past President of the Society of Thermal Medicine (STM)
- Secretary and (1972-1981) President (1981) of International Society of Oxygen Transport of Tissue
- Zondec Award, (Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem), 1962
- President and Founder of the International Clinical Hyperthermia Society (ICHS)
Dr. Ralph S. Wolfstein
Dr. Wolfstein is a Radiation Oncologist and has been with the Institute for over 30 years. He was also the former, “Acting Director of Nuclear Medicine” at Cedars Sinai Hospital. Dr. Ralph S. Wolfstein graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School and has been practicing for 58 years. Dr. Wolfstein completed his residency in Radiology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, as well as an internship at Mount Zion Medical Center University of California.
- Former, “Acting Director, Department of Radiation Therapy Nuclear Medicine: at Cedars – Sinai Medical Center
- Member in Society of Nuclear Medine, Charter Member in American College of Nuclear Physicians
- Member of American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
- Member of Radiation Research Society. Charter Member of International Clinical Hyperthermia Society
Dr. David Bell
Dr. Bell is a licensed Radiation Oncologist. He joined the Institute in 2014 and is one of our newest members. Dr. Bell is a board certified physician. Dr. David Bell graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans.
- PhD in mathematics from, “Brown University”
- Community Hospital, Long Beach, CA – Medical Director of Radiation Oncology
- Society Member of, “PHI BETA KAPPA & SIGMA XI”
Contact Bicher Cancer Institute to schedule an appointment with a hyperthermia expert in Los Angeles today!we’re here to help